Armstrong Optical CT Gauge
Ranking alongside the the measurement of radius of curvature, surface form, diameter etc probably the most important feature that needs to be known when manufacturing precision optics of any kind is the centre thickness. The measurement of this parameter is usually performed using contact probes - but now there is an alternative non-contact system, the CT Gauge that sees the demise of sleeks, scratches and digs cause by the mechanical contact of the measurement probe with the, potentially soft, lens surface.
The CT Gauge has been designed with users in mind by taking into account the valuable input from potential end-users such as manufacturers of precision optics, quality departments assessing production batches and Goods-In quality checks assessing the compliance to specification of bought-in optics.
The features of the CT Gauge include:
- Rugged mechanical structure ensuring measurement repeatability
- Measurement resolution to better than ±1micron, and accuracy better than ±10microns
- Material independent measurement - metals through to soft materials such as ZnS, ZnSe, chalcogenides etc.
- System operates independent of component form - concave, convex, flat, aspheric surfaces
- Surface finish independent - grey-glass, polished or ground, coated or uncoated
- Standard system accomodates objects from 15 to 150mm diameter (150-300mm option)
- Standard system able to measure components up to 25mm thick (45mm option)
- Samples are edge-held in a self centring holder with nylon contact areas, again, removing the possibility of surface damage
- USB 3.0 connectivity to intuitive, user-friendly control software (statistics, data handling option)
Please download the Non Contact CT Gauge from Armstrong Optical Brochure
For your demonstration please contact Armstrong Optical (44 (0)1604 654220) or CLICK HERE