SIOS GmbH Homodyne interferometer
The SIOS GmbH SP-S allows for the precise non-contact displacement measurements of reflective surfaces using a single laser beam homodyne interferometer. Due its small size and fibre optic coupling it can be readily adapted to suit a wide variety of experimental setups and precision measurement tasks.
Planar mirrors or other optical-quality reflective surfaces act the reflectors on the translating arms of the interferometer, and may be angularly misaligned by as much as several minutes of arc with respect to the laser beam without adversely affecting the operation of the device ensuring ease of use and setup. For higher angular tolerance please see the other reflectors available or the retro reflector system from SIOS GmbH. To position the interferometer there are a number of solutions which can be reviewed here.
The beam from the SIOS stabilised laser source is transmitted to the sensor head via a fibre optic cable. The miniature interferometer then internally converts motions of the reflector into optical interference signals that are processed by a remote signal processing/power supply unit. Instrument operation and display of measurement results are controlled either through a standard PC running an optional software package or labview drivers, or via a standard encoder reader.
SIOS homodyne interferometer features include
• Non contact ultraprecise length measurements with sub nm resolution, with high stability,
• Easy mechanical incorporation into customer OEM supplied systems, with a variety of data processing options.
• Fibre optic coupled sensor head for minimal electrical and thermal environmental interference.
• Employs SIOS frequency-stabilized HeNe lasers as light sources which is corrected for variations in ambient conditions
• Various sensor head material including aluminium, stainless steel and Invar depending weight and stability considerations.
NEW SP Controller
A new compact controller is available for the SP-S series of laser interferometers
For more information click SP-S Series laser homodyne interferometer brochure, to view more the SIOS product range or more SIOS displacement products and for your demonstration please call Armstrong Optical (44 (0)1604 654220) or CLICK HERE.
To see the SIOS products in action on the BBC Click here